I want to share snippets of my message today with you. Hope you are blessed
Hebrews 6: 9
Dear friends, even though we are talking this way, we really don’t believe
it applies to you. We are confident that you are meant for better
things, things that come with salvation.
Two things leap out of these scriptures
1. As believers we are meant for better things . King James version says “I am persuaded of better things for you”
We really need to rejoice and celebrate the better things coming our way this week and in the future. You just have to believe it.
2. There are things that come with our Salvation. I like the way King James says it. “The things that accompany Salvation. So we didn’t just get saved. There are better things accompanying us in our salvation!!! Glory. Take a hold of these wonderful additions to salvation. You aren’t just going to heaven but you are going to enjoy the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living as well. Yes the things that accompany salvation. Glory!!!
12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
Two key things leap out again
1. We have people like Abraham that we follow as mentors in our faith. They have set good examples even in their frail human nature. We can follow their examples of faith
2. We learn from them about Faith and Patience. These two walk hands in gloves. You can never walk in faith without patience. Isaiah 28: 16 categorically states “he that believeth shall not be in haste.” I put it this way “You cant force water to boil” It must get to the right temperature before it boils, no matter what you do
If you truly believe God, then you won’t make haste.
A final verse on this matter
Hebrews 6: 18 “ That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we
might have a strong consolation…..”
God states two immutable things that give us STRONG CONSOLATION and CONVICTION of our hope and faith as we stand and wait for and wait on God
What are these immutable things?
1. Verse 17 states the immutability of God’s counsel. What is that and how does that make me have strong consolation? Immutability means the unchanging counsel of God concerning me, my family and destiny. His counsel concerning me can never change. It will surely come to pass no matter how long it takes.
2. Verse 18 gives a very emphatic statement. ” It is impossible for God to lie”
What has God told you? Do you feel like it is being delayed? The immutablity of His counsel will ensure God keeps His promise to you. Rather than the word of God change about you or not come to pass, let heaven and earth pass away.
It will surely come to pass. Be blessed
God bless you Pastor Marjorie Esomowei